For pavers and natural stone joints up to 10 cm in drainage application
5 cm in overlay application.
NO DUST • HAZE FREE • NO BLOWER • ONE WATERING
• RAIN SAFE IN 15 MINUTES
(FOR RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS)
GATOR XP G2 is made with a state-of-the-art manufacturing process. Specifically, calibrated sand is mixed with sophisticated intelligent polymers. This new generation of Intelligent Polymers neutralizes haze and dust. The polymeric sand application is now dust free and haze free. No blower is needed and the intelligent polymeric sand requires only one watering. GATOR XP G2 is recommended for a variety of uses including pool decks, patios, footpaths, driveways, parking spaces, pavements, etc. Available in Beige, Slate Grey, Ivory and Black.
- Can be used for joints up to a maximum of 10 cm in drainage application and 5 cm in overlay application
- For drainage and non-drainage, residential and commercial applications
- No Dust, Haze Free, No Blower, and one watering
- For Drainage application, Rapid Set rain safe 15 minutes after water activation.
- For overlay applications, rain safe 24 hours after water activation.
- Works above 0°C
- Ideal for Gator Base applications
- Can be used on false joint pavers
- Helps prevent weeds and damage caused by burrowing insects
- Helps prevent erosion due to wind, rain and freeze/thaw cycles
- Waterproof bags. Intact pallets or bags can be laid flat and stored outdoors. (Lay bag flat on its back, so front of the bag is facing you.)
If used on clay pavers make sure they are 100% dry. Clay pavers tend to hold moisture, which can prematurely activate the GATOR XP G2 while the sand is being spread over the paver surface, leaving a residue. Always apply on a test area before using the GATOR XP G2 on clay pavers.
GATOR XP G2 will not cause nor prevent moss, mold or mildew. Moss, mold and mildew are caused by certain on-site conditions including excess moisture, shade, absence of ventilation, inadequate cleaning or maintenance, presence of soil or other organic debris left on the product.
When maintaining the paver surface, apply Gator Shampoo to clean the entire paved surface including the paver joints. Wash, rinse and remove any residue by using a hose and a watering gun set to shower with the normal maximum water pressure from any residential or commercial building (typically 550 kPa).
Quantity required depends on the shape and size of the concrete pavers as well as the width of the joints.
Please note: GATOR XP G2 can be applied when pavers are installed directly on open graded aggregates that lock or choke themselves. This means the polymeric sand will not migrate through the voids. Do not apply GATOR XP G2 when the pavers are installed directly on aggregates with large voids.
|NARROW JOINTS||WIDE JOINTS|
|Beige, Slate Grey, Ivory
|5-6 sq. m.||2-3 sq. m.|
|4-5 sq. m.||1.6-2.4 sq. m.|
Helps prevent weed sprouting.
Helps prevent damages caused by insects.
Helps prevent erosion due to climatic conditions, such as wind, rain and freezing temperatures.
4 BEAUTIFUL COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM
CLICK HERE TO SEE YOUR FAVOURITE COLOR WITH YOUR PAVER CHOICE
REQUIRED SUB-SURFACE PREPARATION
GATOR XP G2 is recommended for a variety of uses including pool decks, patios, footpaths, driveways, parking spaces, pavements, etc. The concrete pavers must be installed on a drainage or overlay base systems. (See diagrams).
FOR OVERLAY APPLICATIONS
Remove all loose and fragile concrete. Cover the surface with a geotextile Gator Fabric GF4.4, refill with crushed stone and compact it.
GATOR XP G2 INSTALLATION STEPS
(FOR A NEW PAVER SURFACE)
STEP 1Spread GATOR XP G2 with hard-bristle broom. Make sure the GATOR XP G2 completely fills the joints. Do not use with other materials in the joints. Leave a layer of GATOR XP G2 on the surface to aid in the vibrating and consolidation of GATOR XP G2 into joints. For textured or pre-finished surfaces, we recommend to remove all the sand from the paver or slab surface prior to using the plate or roller compactor.
STEP 2Vibrate the GATOR XP G2 into the paver joints using a vibratory plate compactor. A rubber pad is recommended. A roller compactor is best for slab installation. Joints should be filled up to 3mm below the paver surface. It is best to compact in several directions to ensure there are no air gaps or voids in the joints. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to ensure joints are filled and consolidated. Narrow joints require more care to completely fill.
STEP 3Sweep off excess GATOR XP G2 from the paved surface, first with a hard-bristle broom, then a soft-bristle broom. Take care to leave the height of the polymeric sand at least 3 mm below the paver surface.
STEP 4Shower for a minimum of 30 seconds for 3 sq. m or until the GATOR XP G2 repels the water and the water starts to accumulate on the joints.
IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTES FOR GATOR XP G2
- Always refer to the latest GATOR XP G2 Technical Data Sheet (TDS) at AllianceGator.com before installing GATOR XP G2
- Pavers and slabs must be installed according to applications for a drainage base system before GATOR XP G2 installation. For Overlays we recommend 5 cm diameter drainage holes spaced approximately 3 m. apart. Holes should be filled with 8 mm stone and covered with a 30 cm x 30 cm patch of Gator Fabric GF4.4 geotextile. Drilled holes should allow any water entering the bedding layer to freely flow out.
- Pavers’ sides and top surfaces must be completely dry. Do not apply if the paver surface is damp or wet. The damp or wet surface will cause GATOR XP G2 to prematurely activate and will lead to the polymers sticking on the paver surface.
- Do not apply if the paver joints are damp or wet. This will prevent the GATOR XP G2 from properly sliding into the joints and obtaining very densely packed joints, which is critical to the product’s performance.
- Temperature must be above 0°C with dry conditions and a minimum of 15 minutes of dry weather required after activation in drainage application and 24 hours in overlay applications.
- For all paver surfaces, and particularly around in-ground pools, there must be a minimum slope of 3 mm per linear foot away from the edge of the pool or structures to ensure optimal performance of the GATOR XP G2 .
- For the pool coping units, it is mandatory to use mortar in the joints. For the rest of the paver installation around the pool, you can use GATOR XP G2 .
- Do not sweep GATOR XP G2 over asphalt.
- Install GATOR XP G2 a minimum of 3 mm below the paver surface or the chamfer: erosion may occur. The filled and cured polymeric sand joints should never be in direct contact with foot traffic or tires.
- For textured or pre-finished surfaces, we recommend to remove all the sand from the paver or slab surface prior to using the plate or roller compacter.
IMPORTANT WATER ACTIVATION NOTES FOR GATOR XP G2
- Use a watering gun connected to a hose. Set to shower.
- Watering must be started at the lowest point of the paved surface.
- Never allow paved surface to dry out during the water-activation phase.
- Do not allow GATOR XP G2 to wash out of the joints.
- Shower for a minimum of 30 seconds for 3 sq. m. or until the GATOR XP G2 repels the water and the water starts to accumulate on the joint
GATOR XP G2 INSTALLATION (FOR AN EXISTING PAVER SURFACE)
Remove existing jointing material. Be careful not to disturb the bedding material under the pavers. Pavers must be completely dry before installing GATOR XP G2. Follow steps 1 to 4 of GATOR XP G2 installation steps for a new paver surface.
The manufacturer cannot guarantee results as it has no control over surface and sub-surface preparation and product application. If this product is proven to be defective, on the condition that it was installed pursuant to the method of application and surface and sub-surface preparation described above, the sole obligation of the manufacturer is to refund the purchase price. Proof of purchase is required for any claim. The manufacturer shall not be liable for any other damages whatsoever, direct or consequential. To the extent permitted by law, the manufacturer excludes any implied warranty of quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose. The manufacturer shall not be liable for any other damages or costs whatsoever, including removal or reinstallation of sand, paver, slab or natural stones.