For natural stone paver joints, up to 3.8 cm
setting time: 1 hour above 0°C
IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTES
- Always refer to the latest EUROSTONE BOND Technical Data Sheet (TDS) at AllianceGator.com before installing EUROSTONE BOND.
- Do not apply if the natural stone paver surfaces and joints are damp or wet. The damp or wet surfaces and joints will cause EUROSTONE BOND to prematurely activate and will lead to the polymers sticking on the stones paver surfaces and properly sliding into the joints and obtaining very densely packed joints, which is critical to the products performance. Do not use if rain is expected within 24 hours. Avoid excessive watering or flooding of natural stone paver surfaces.
- For all natural stone paver surfaces, and particularly around in ground pools there must be a slope of 3 mm per 30 cm away from the edge of the pool, or structures, to ensure optimal performance of the EUROSTONE BOND. For the pool coping units it is mandatory to use mortar in the joints. For the rest of the natural stone paver installation around the pool, you can use EUROSTONE BOND.
- Do not sweep EUROSTONE BOND over asphalt.
- The EUROSTONE BOND level must be at least 3 mm below top of the natural stone paver’s surface or 3 mm below the chamfer or erosion may occur.
- The filled and cured polymeric sand joints should never be in direct contact with foot traffic or tires. The product must only be used as a recessed jointing material.
THIS CROSS-SECTION REPRESENTS THE HEIGHT OF POLYMERIC SAND FOUND IN THE JOINTS
Maximum joint width: 38 mm
REQUIRED SUB-SURFACE PREPARATION
EUROSTONE SAND is recommended for a variety of uses including pool decks, patios, footpaths, driveways, parking spaces, pavements etc. The natural stone pavers must be installed on a drainage base system composed of 2 layers. The upper layer can have a maximum of 25 mm of bedding sand or 9 mm clean stone. The lower layer must have a minimum of 15 cm of crushed stone compacted at 98% Proctor density. (See diagram below).
1 Drainage base system:
- A minimum 2% top surface slope for proper water runoff
- EUROSTONE BOND at least 3 mm below the paver stone surface
- Minimum depth of joint 38 mm
- Maximum joint width 38 mm
- Layer of bedding sand maximum of 25 mm
- Layer of 15 cm thickness of 0-20 mm compacted crushed stone
- For light or heavy traffic applications the stone pavers must be completely interlocked
(For a drainage base system on a new stone surface)
Compact the sand between the joints with the help of a vibrating plate and a hand tamper in restricted areas. Sweep off all excess EUROSTONE BOND that is on the natural stone paver surfaces. The EUROSTONE BOND must lie at least 3 mm below top of the natural stone pavers surface or 3 mm below the chamfer. It is best to compact in several directions to ensure there are no air gaps or voids of the natural stone pavers joints or erosion may occur. The filled and cured polymeric sand joints should never be in direct contact with foot traffic or tires. Repeat twice the sweeping and compacting of the joint to ensure a good consolidation of the joint. Narrow joints require more care to completely fill.
Use a water gun connected to a hose to direct a shower (water gun setting: “shower” or equivalent) 1.2 m high so that it lands on a total area of 7 sq. m. of natural stone pavers for 10 to 15 seconds. Wait 3 to 4 minutes (no longer), then repeat this step twice, to remove residues from EUROSTONE BOND. However, stop watering if you notice water retention on the joints of natural stone pavers.
Repeat the directions of step 5 for all other paved areas that have not been showered with water. The water used in steps 5 and 6 will activate a bonding action as well as condense EUROSTONE BOND in the joints. It is important to water the EUROSTONE BOND a total of 3 times. Too little water will not properly activate the EUROSTONE BOND and will reduce the final performance.
The water used in steps 5 and 6 will activate a bonding action as well as condensing EUROSTONE BOND in the joints. It is important to water the EUROSTONE BOND a total of 3 times, as per steps 5 and 6. Too little water will not properly activate the EUROSTONE BOND and will reduce the final performance. If not done properly, a white haze may appear on paver surface after installation. This is due to excess EUROSTONE BOND residue left on natural stone paver surfaces. This haze will dissipate over time, or it could be removed by using efflorescence cleaner.
(For an existing natural stone paver surface)
Remove existing jointing material. Be careful not to disturb the bedding material under the natural stone pavers. Natural stone pavers must be completely dry before installing a minimum of 32 mm deep into the joints. Insure that EUROSTONE BOND lies at least 3 mm below the top of the natural stone pavers surface or 3 mm below the chamfer or erosion may occur. The filled and cured polymeric sand joints should never be in direct contact with foot traffic or tires.
Please note that this limited warranty applies when the product is used for residential purposes exclusively (home owners or contractors using the product for single or multi-unit dwellings that are exclusively for residential use). The manufacturer cannot guarantee results as it has no control over surface and sub-surface preparation and product application. (Proper installation of natural stone pavers to ensure long-term stability of work, including granular foundation of certified crushed stone of 0-20 mm bedding layer and appropriate installation of borders in accordance with above specified method for applying product). However, for a period of 15 years from purchase, the manufacturer agrees to refund the purchase price if the product is proven to be defective and on the condition that it was installed pursuant to the method of application of surface and sub-surface preparation described above. Proof of purchase is required for any claim.
THE PARTIES AGREE THAT REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE AS STATED IS THE ONLY OBLIGATION OF THE MANUFACTURER. IN ALL EVENTS, THE MANUFACTURER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OR COSTS WHATSOEVER, (INCLUDING REMOVAL OR REINSTALLATION OF SAND OR NATURAL STONE PAVERS) DIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE MANUFACTURER EXCLUDES ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR PURPOSE. ALLIANCE DESIGNER PRODUCTS INC. excludes any responsibility for the presence of moss, mold, mildew, or similar factors that may occur on the product after its installation. ALLIANCE DESIGNER PRODUCTS INC. excludes any responsibility for use of EUROSTONE BOND with Clay Pavers or any installation not installed to manufacturer’s specifications.