Gator XP G2
For joints up to 10 cm in drainage applications
NO DUST • HAZE FREE • NO BLOWER • ONE WATERING
RAIN SAFE IN 15 MINUTES
IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTES
- Always refer to the latest GATOR XP G2 Technical Data Sheet (TDS) at AllianceGator.com before installing GATOR XP G2.
- Pavers and slabs must be installed on a draining base before GATOR XP G2 installation.
- Pavers’ sides and top surfaces must be completely dry. Do not apply if the paver surface is damp or wet. The damp or wet surface will cause GATOR XP G2 to prematurely activate and will lead to the polymers sticking on the paver surface.
- Do not apply if the paver joints are damp or wet. This will prevent the GATOR XP G2 from properly sliding into the joints and obtaining very densely packed joints, which is critical to the product’s performance.
- Temperature must be above 0°C with dry conditions and a minimum of 15 minutes of dry weather required after activation.
- For all paver surfaces, and particularly around in-ground pools, there must be a minimum slope of 3 mm per 30 cm away from the edge of the pool or structures to ensure optimal performance of the GATOR XP G2.
- For the pool coping units, it is mandatory to use mortar in the joints. For the rest of the paver installation around the pool, you can use GATOR XP G2.
- Do not sweep GATOR XP G2 over asphalt.
- GATOR XP G2 level, must be at least 3 mm below top of paver’s surface or 3 mm below the chamfer or erosion may occur. The filled and cured polymeric sand joints should never be in direct contact with foot traffic or tire.
- For textured or pre-finished surfaces, we recommend to remove all the sand from the paver or slab surface prior to using the plate or roller compactor.
All pavers must be completely interlocked for vehicular and pedestrian use. If pavers are fanned they are not considered interlocked. GATOR XP G2 can be applied when pavers are installed directly open graded aggregates that lock or choke themselves. This means the polymeric sand will not migrate through the voids. Do not apply GATOR XP G2 when the pavers are installed directly on aggregates with large voids.
CROSS-SECTIONS REPRESENTS THE HEIGHT OF POLYMERIC SAND FOUND IN THE JOINTS
Maximum joint width for drainage base: 10 cm
POLYMERIC SAND REQUIREMENTS
Minimum joint width: 3 mm
Maximum joint width: 10 cm
Minimum joint depth: 38 mm
REQUIRED SUB-SURFACE PREPARATION
GATOR XP G2 is recommended for a variety of uses including pool decks, patios, footpaths, driveways, parking spaces, pavements, etc. The concrete pavers must be installed on a drainage base system. (See diagram).
1 • Drainage base system:
- A minimum 2% top surface slope for proper water runoff
- GATOR XP G2 level, must be at least 3 mm below top of paver’s surface or 3 mm below the chamfer
- Minimum joint width 3 mm, Maximum 10 cm
- Minimum depth of joint 38 mm
- Layer of bedding sand maximum of 25 mm
- Layer of 15 cm thickness of 0-20 mm compacted crushed stone
- For light traffic applications the pavers must be completely interlocked
The Cleanest, Fastest and Easiest installation steps
(For a new paver surface)
Sweep GATOR XP G2 with hard-bristle broom. Make sure the GATOR XP G2 completely fills the joints. Do not use with other materials in the joints. Leave a layer of GATOR XP G2 on the surface to aid in the vibrating and consolidation of GATOR XP G2 into joints. For textured or pre-finished surfaces, we recommend to remove all the sand from the paver or slab surface prior to using the plate or roller compactor.
Vibrate the GATOR XP G2 into the paver joints using a vibratory plate compactor. A rubber pad is recommended. A roller compactor is best for slab installation. Joints sand level, must be at least 3 mm below top of paver’s surface or 3 mm below the chamfer. It is best to compact in several directions to ensure there are no air gaps or voids in the joints. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to ensure joints are filled and consolidated. Narrow joints require more care to completely fill. After initial compaction, about 30-50% of the sand will drop. Properly compacting will ensure enough product gets filled into the joints. Never skip this step!
IMPORTANT 30-3 WATER ACTIVATION NOTES FOR GATOR XP G2
- Use a watering gun connected to a hose. Set to shower.
Watering must be started at the lowest point of the paved surface.
- Never allow the paved surface to dry out during the water-activation phase.
- Do not allow GATOR XP G2 to wash out of the joint.
- Shower for a minimum of 30 seconds for 3 sq. m. or until the GATOR XP G2 repels the water and the water starts to accumulate on the joints
(For an existing paver surface)
Remove existing jointing material. Be careful not to disturb the bedding material under the pavers. Pavers must be completely dry before installing a minimum of 38 mm deep into the joints. GATOR XP G2 level, must be at least 3 mm below top of paver’s surface or 3 mm below the chamfer or erosion may occur. The filled and cured polymeric sand joints should never be in direct contact with foot traffic or tires. Follow GATOR XP G2 installation steps 1 to 4 for a new paver surface.
NO DUST • HAZE FREE • NO BLOWER • ONE WATERING
RAIN SAFE AFTER 15 MINUTES
THE PARTIES AGREE THAT REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE AS STATED IS THE ONLY OBLIGATION OF THE MANUFACTURER. IN ALL EVENTS, THE MANUFACTURER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OR COSTS WHATSOEVER, (INCLUDING REMOVAL OR REINSTALLATION OF SAND OR PAVERS) DIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE MANUFACTURER EXCLUDES ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR PURPOSE. ALLIANCE DESIGNER PRODUCTS INC. excludes any responsibility whatsoever for the presence of moss, mold, mildew, or similar factors that may occur on the product after its installation. The presence of moss, mold or mildew is caused by the particular on-site conditions, including excess moisture, shade, absence of ventilation, inadequate cleaning or maintenance, presence of soil or other organic debris left on the product after installation. ALLIANCE DESIGNER PRODUCTS INC. excludes any responsibility for use of GATOR XP G2 for any installation not installed to manufacturer’s specifications.