Gator Tile System
Innovative and durable 7 components system
for outdoor porcelain tile installation
THE 7 COMPONENTS OF THE SYSTEM
Prevents migration of the bedding sand or chip stone into the native soil.
Engineered to replace 6" (15 cm) of compacted crushed stone.
Provides uniform spacing and stability to the Gator Tile system.
Ensures mechanical binding and structural integrity of the system.
The safety belt that will provide a strong lateral support.
The mechanical bond of the 2 main components on any Gator Base install.
NITRO THE ONLY JOINTING SAND FOR OUTDOOR PORCELAIN TILE.
STEP 1 • Excavation of the new Gator Tile area
Excavate the new Gator Tile area. The depth required is calculated by adding Porcelain Tile height, Gator Base, Gator Spacer, bedding sand, plus any soft organic material that has to be removed. Excavate the perimeter an extra 6″ (15 cm) wider on all sides than the tile area required.
STEP 3 • Addition of Gator Fabric GF 4.4 (geotextile), levelling and compacted bedding sand
- Lay down a Gator Fabric GF4.4 and cover the entire excavated area.
- Spread an even layer of sand to a depth of maximum 3/4″ (19 mm) • The levelling and compacting of the bedding sand will be the last step prior to installing the Gator Base.
- Water the sand prior to using a hand compactor and/or plate compactor, compact the 3/4″ (19 mm) of bedding sand until you obtain a final height of 1/2″ (13 mm) of compacted bedding sand, that should reflect the final tiled surface.
- C-33 sand or ASTM No. 9 stone can be used as bedding material.
STEP 4 • Installation of the Gator Base
- Make sure to install the Gator Base on the extended excavation area (total excavation should be 6″ (15 cm) wider on each side than the final tiled area).
- Start laying the Gator Base units ensuring Gator Base interlocks with the tongue & groove system.
STEP 5 • Installation of Porcelain tile and Gator Spacer
Gator Spacers should receive a generous amount of Alliance polyurethane XP glue on each quadrant. Install the Porcelain Tile on the Gator Spacer, apply pressure or tap the tiles with a rubber mallet at all corners. This will ensure that the tiles are adhering to the Gator Spacer. The Gator Spacer will be left in the tile installation permanently, ensuring proper alignment and stability of your project for years to come.
STEP 6 • Installation of Gator Tile Edge and Gator Screws
Install Gator Tile Edge on the Gator Base using Gator Base Screws, make sure that Gator Tile Edge rests firmly against the tiles. Use Gator Base Screws at every second hole.
Gator NITRO JOINT Sand Installation Steps
Before applying the product, the user/buyer must determine its suitability for intended use and user/buyer assumes all risks in that regard. It is a condition of the 5-year Limited Warranty that before using the product on the intended larger area, the user/ buyer must test the product on a small less observed area of approximately 4 sq. ft. (0.4 sq. m.) to ensure results meet user/buyer’s expectations. In the event that no test is carried out, the 5-year Limited Warranty will only apply to 4 sq. ft. (0.4 sq. m.). Alliance Designer Products Inc. cannot guarantee results as it has no control over surface preparation and product application. If this product is proven to be defective, on the condition that it was applied pursuant to the required method of application and surface preparation, the sole obligation Alliance Designer Products Inc. is to refund the purchase price. Proof of purchase is required for any claim. Alliance Designer Products Inc. shall not be liable for any other damages whatsoever, direct or consequential. To the extent permitted by law, Alliance Designer Products Inc. excludes any implied warranty of quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose.