Gator Nitro Joint Sand
For concrete paving stones & natural stones
For joints 3/16" (5 mm) up to 2" (5 cm)
Setting time: 18 hours above 37°F (3°C)
PREPARATION INFORMATION (IMPORTANT NOTES)
- Always refer to the latest GATOR NITRO JOINT SAND Technical Data Sheet (TDS) at AllianceGator.com before installing.
- GATOR NITRO JOINT SAND can be installed rain or shine. Paving surface must be pre-wet before installation and must remain wet throughout the installation process or staining may occur.
- GATOR NITRO JOINT SAND is an extremely strong and rigid jointing material, please ensure there is ABSOLUTELY NO paver or stone movement prior to installation to prevent joint cracking.
- For Pedestrian Use Only, not for Vehicular Applications
- GATOR NITRO JOINT SAND must be installed above 37°F (3°C).
- Joint Width: Minimum 3/16″ (5 mm) Maximum 2″ (50 mm).
- Joint Depth: Minimum 1″ (25 mm) Maximum 6″ (15 cm).
- Working Time: Approximately 45 minutes.
- GATOR NITRO JOINT SAND can only be used on a drainage base application. In a non-drainage base application, GATOR NITRO JOINT SAND cannot be used.
- Paved surface can be used after 18 hours.
- Avoid power-washing for a minimum of 28 days after applying.
REQUIRED SUB-SURFACE PREPARATION AND FOUNDATION OPTIONS
Option 2 Open graded / Permeable:
Designed for pedestrian use only, GATOR NITRO JOINT SAND is ready-to-use and does not require any mixing. After you have followed the REQUIRED SUB-SURFACE PREPARATION described above, you are ready to apply the GATOR NITRO JOINT SAND. Installation will be easier with two people.
- There is no need to protect treated joints from rain while setting. Although the presence of rain will delay the setting process. Full strength: 28 days but surface can be walked on after 18 hours. If heavy rain has occurred when the joints have been pointed, then it may be necessary to revisit the job once the weather has cleared to touch up joints.
- GATOR NITRO JOINT SAND can be applied when pavers, Wet cast or natural stones are installed directly on open graded aggregates that lock or choke themselves. This means the GATOR NITRO JOINT SAND will not migrate through the voids. Do not apply GATOR NITRO JOINT SAND when the pavers, Wet cast or natural stones are installed directly on aggregates with large voids.
- GATOR NITRO JOINT SAND becomes very firm but will detach from pavers, Wet cast or natural stones if the sub-base has excessive movement. It will also detach or crack from the pavers, Wet cast or natural stones, if they are oscillating back and forth due to improper sub-surface preparation. By following GATOR NITRO JOINT SAND installation instructions carefully, you will obtain a very hard jointing material. It should be noted that GATOR NITRO JOINT SAND will continue to harden over time. When installing pavers, wet cast or natural stones around an underground pool, a slope of 1/8 inch (3 mm) per linear foot (30 cm) away from the pool is mandatory. All pavers, wet cast or natural stone surfaces must have a drainage slope for the GATOR NITRO JOINT SAND to work at its optimum. For the pool coping blocks, it is mandatory to use mortar in the joints. For the rest of the pavers, wet cast or natural stones installation around the pool, you can use GATOR NITRO JOINT SAND.
Before applying the product, the user/buyer must determine its suitability for intended use and user/buyer assumes all risks in that regard. It is a condition of the 5-year Limited Warranty that before using the product on the intended larger area, the user/ buyer must test the product on a small less observed area of approximately 4 sq. ft. (0.4 sq. m.) to ensure results meet user/buyer’s expectations. In the event that no test is carried out, the 5-year Limited Warranty will only apply to 4 sq. ft. (0.4 sq. m.). Alliance Designer Products Inc. cannot guarantee results as it has no control over surface preparation and product application. If this product is proven to be defective, on the condition that it was applied pursuant to the required method of application and surface preparation, the sole obligation Alliance Designer Products Inc. is to refund the purchase price. Proof of purchase is required for any claim. Alliance Designer Products Inc. shall not be liable for any other damages whatsoever, direct or consequential. To the extent permitted by law, Alliance Designer Products Inc. excludes any implied warranty of quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose.